electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
AKAI AM-M830 amplifier will not power up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimwit100

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: AKAI AM-M830 amplifier will not power up Reply with quote

I have an AKAI AM-M830 Digital integrated amplifier which will not power up I have downloaded the service manual from this great site but not really had chance yet to do any real fault finding on it yet. Just had time to check the voltages from the two boards mounted to the transformer and these seem to be ok.
Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this amp and could point me in the right direction before I go any further.
Thanks.
EuroStar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Akai M830 not powering up Reply with quote

Hi did you getn this fixed-I have a problem-powers op but in very slow motion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never fixed the amp. In fact it's in the loft still in pieces.
mjedwards75

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe the problem is in the cd player, i found a fault that will shut the amplifier down on power up. It is a plastic gear on a motor shaft under the 6cd cassette (the motor drives the cd selector drive forwards and backwards), a little difficult to get to. i am familiar with this amplifier also. let me know how u go, i can help more if u need it Smile
mjedwards75

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: akai amp Reply with quote

I found another of this unit on ebay, not bid on for 99c and broken 7yrs. I got it eventually on my condition i might just repair it for him and he is wanting it back if i'm offering it back. SAME THING! That damn gear lol, now the right channel has muffled output, lol, i'll get there. Great sound when they do work, i'll help more if that's not it.... but that's it, my previous message Smile I am an electronics technician but most problems don't really require my level of knowledge.

Remove the top cover, You will see the cd assembly, the problem is in the LEFT FRONT CORNER.... under the magazine housing. It is held in with 2 small screws at the front and slides forward to lift out (just be careful with the 2 thin wires when u remove the housing for the 6cd magazine, i remove the black post so magazine gently pivots over onto pcb side, held in with 1 small screw, halfway back, near the side). The whole front panel must be loose and slid off the base as the metal magazine housing slides forward.

That's it!! The spiral gear is there... and it is loose, u will notice a little crack on the flat spot of this gear closest the motor. I use Selley's Quick fix Shockproof super glue, a drop in the hole, and carefully put a tiny drop where the crack is so it only glues to the motor shaft, not the motor as well. Push the gear back on to almost touch the motor. It kept my rear view mirror glued to my windscreen for the 3yrs i owned the car, and Australia gets hot! It has a temperature rating of 400degC for 1 hour. Leave it 24hrs to fully cure.
mjedwards75

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: me again Reply with quote

You have to manually open the lower cd drawer to pull the front loose (and a few tricky plastic clips), turn the spiral upright post so the selector goes down. Looking from rear, slide a screwdriver in the left side gap u have created, move the gear left too, i think. The drawer will start to open and can be pulled open slowly by hand.

Also check that a plastic grey hook piece is still intact on your sliding cd selector. DON'T HAVE THE MAGAZINE IN FOR THE FIRST POWER UP.... nothing a little glue, 1mm wire and a 2 small holes couldn't fix.... but i recomend don't have it in lol

Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия