electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung PCL5415R Shutting off

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Samsung PCL5415R Shutting off Reply with quote

Great TV, never any problems. Turned it on yesterday and it turns itself right back off. Tried multiple times with no luck. Unplugged unit from wall and plugged back in...no dice. You can actually hear the TV make the noise that it is coming on, then it powers off.

Anyone know of this problem? How common is it and or expensive to remedy? Time to call the service tech?

Real kicker is that my service agreement just lapsed in December and I did not re-up.

Thanks

Jason
mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

these sets had a VERY BAD history of CRT board failures something awful.
they also had a history of DCU/conv ic failures

my guess on yours, your crt boards need to be replaced. there is a samsung bulletin out about this.
you an repair the boards, but the set requires modification to correct it...
repairing the crt bords will almost assure you that it will fail again unless modified.

take it into a servicer... you cannot repair it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: My Samsung 5415R wouln't turn on!!!!! Reply with quote

Just had the same problem with my 5415R. My service plan just expired on 28 Aug and my tv died on 30 Sep. Is this a regular occurance? Is this just a crt or power supply issue?

Thanks
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия