electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Magnavox Diode what type

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tristalia

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Magnavox Diode what type Reply with quote

My magnavox TV has a burnt diode located at postition 1940 on the mother board, does anyone know what type of diode to replace it with? The silicone diode or the other kind? I called magnavox but they said they can only give that info to the techs!

Thanks!
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So call them back and "Pretend" you're a tech. But you better provide them with more information then you've provided here. Their crystal balls aren't any better than ours.

Who's gonna want to help someone who has a Chevy that needs a rear-view mirror?
Do you know how many different Chevy rear-view mirrors they've used on the many models, over the many years, Chevy's been manufacturing cars?
Tristalia

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply! I tried calling them back, well, I had my husband do it and they told him to call his company head and have them call back. I will NEVER buy another Magnavox!!

Anyways, we got out the solder gun and heated it up and pulled it out, then took it to Radio Shack and the guy there told me what it was and the number on it, too bad he had none in stock.
I am hoping to find another Radio Shack with the part I need, and hope it works, not sure why it totally burnt out, but I am losing eyesight watching my antique 19" TV! Sad
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon my ignorance but what does this have to do with a Chevy rear view mirror? Or was that just an example???

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called an "analogy (emphasis on the "anal" part)." Many mirrors were used by Chevy, but the style and part number would depend on the vintage ('57, '67, etc.) and the model (Impala, Bel Air, etc.).Cool

He has so far given us "Magnavox," "diode at location 1940," "antique 19" TV" and the fact that he has a solder gun (and is not afraid to use it). How about a MODEL?
I'm sure he's looking for ONLY one diode's part number as a response, but he doesn't give enough precise information to allow for that. Even when RS guy gives him the "number on it," he doesn't bother passing this along. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия