electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
is this southbridge problem...!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usm

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: is this southbridge problem...! Reply with quote

Fujitsu siemens amilo m-7405 laptop have problem... i connect my mobile with usb port and then suddenly laptop screen appear some linning and and laptop hanged..i restart the laptop and then try to connect any usb devise they cannot recgonized it...and laptop work too much slow..then i decide to reinstall the operating system...while installing the laptop hanged on 34 minutes....then i opend the back cover of the laptop for cheacking because the laptop too mush heats up, the intel 82801DBM chip is heatiing up........i know this chip having LPC and USB controllers..etc.....but can u tell me that is this the problem of southbridge.....!! and can i change this chip ???
hajnrih

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

it probably is the problem. Make sure to clean the cpu heatsink from any dust. Also apply new thermal paste on the cpu and on the gpu or southbridge chip. Usb problems often occur from overheating. As for changing the chip it can be done if you have experience in bga soldering otherwise youll mess up the printboard. you can order a new rebbaled chipset and change it but again at your own risk. If you havent done it before a hundred times dont try it. You will fail. Believe me I know. Been doing it quite some time.

Another easier solution is just to heat the chip with a hot air gun. buy some solder flux, apply some on the edges and on top of the chip. Make sure to use aluminium foil to cover the rest of the MB and cut out a square where the chip is located. Then apply heat at about 350 degreees for about 3-4 minutes constantly moving in slow circles over the chipset at about 1-1.5 cm distance. Make sure not to concentrate too much heat at one place. Look up some videos on youtube about bga reball chips to get a general idea of the proces. It will probably work. Hope this helps.

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия