electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
42 vizio plasma vp422hdtv10a no picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicebreed

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: 42 vizio plasma vp422hdtv10a no picture Reply with quote

Hi, if any one can I need some help. my viz lost its picture, but retains the sound. I have checked some blogs and read that its probably the backlight inverter. After research I cannot find a component that matches any board in the television. do plasmas not have one? and any suggestions for trouble shooting. limited knowledge in this area. Any help would be awesome! Thanks! Shocked
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they do not.
nicebreed

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I shall stop looking for one then. Do you by chance have any suggestions?
Minimess

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 42 vizio plasma vp422hdtv10a no picture Reply with quote

nicebreed wrote:
Hi, if any one can I need some help. my viz lost its picture, but retains the sound. I have checked some blogs and read that its probably the backlight inverter. After research I cannot find a component that matches any board in the television. do plasmas not have one? and any suggestions for trouble shooting. limited knowledge in this area. Any help would be awesome! Thanks! Shocked

Plasmas do not have backlight so there should be no inverter. Check out the connections to see if anything is loose. How long have you had this TV?
nicebreed

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not long. picked it up from the pawn shop in as is condition. I like to tinker on things and learn so I tore into it
nicebreed

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all connections appear to be wound. I unplugged each buffer board one at a time and no change. The led vizio light turns on, can hear the relays click on the power board, don't smell any magic smoke, nothing appears to be overheating. any other ideas? logic board perhaps? oh, there is a blinking green light when I turn the television on, on the logic board. Is it supposed to blink or stay solid green? Thank you so much! Toby
minnie

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the VS and VA voltages out of the power supply?
nicebreed

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

limited tools. can I use a multi meter with out causing more damage to the components?
nicebreed

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for our help going to the dumpster
Minimess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicebreed wrote:
thanks for our help going to the dumpster

Sad to hear that mate Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия