electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
dead buttons on tv 'sharp 21b-fx5', acess service mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nana304

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: dead buttons on tv 'sharp 21b-fx5', acess service mode Reply with quote

need to access the service menu of this TV, but since the buttons are not functioning , I'm unable to access it, is there any alternative way to get in to service mode ? need to do some geometrical adjustment on it.

tnx in advance.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've turned your panel controls "off" by hitting the proper buttons in the correct sequence, (purposely or by misadventure), you need to consult your Owner's Manual for the proper procedure for turning them back "on."

The above does not bode well for successfully accomplishing whatever you're wanting to do with the geometry.
For example, if you want to go into the service menu because YOU don't like the way Sharp has it set up to display the various picture formats? Rolling Eyes
nana304

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, no its not the case I've cousin sis (only 5years) she presses these buttons every day and now they are not responsive at all, need to press about 20 times to change a channel or increase volume...etc from the TV,

and the reason why i want to access the menu is that now the pic is a bit too bigger than the screen, 1/2 an inch frm top and bottom, 0.25 inches frm sides, this had happened with the age of the tv, once i can remember i accessed the service mode abt 4 years back, and it allowed me to fully calibrate the TV, i was able to enable some other disabled languages as well...

any help appreciated, in the back of the tv there's a port with abt 5-6 pins, can we jump those and call the service menu by any chance, was unable to find the service manual for this also.

if u guys want I'll post the user manual and the pics of the main board

tnx
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Misadventure:"
nana304 wrote:
I've cousin sis (only 5years) she presses these buttons every day and now they are not responsive at all, need to press about 20 times to change a channel or increase volume...etc from the TV,

If picture WAS correctly sized for the past few years, and now is starting to "pull-in," once the defective part is replaced (after troubleshooting) all will be as it was - without having to do ANY adjusting. Cool
nana304

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misadventure or whtevr u call it (cant understand why are you so sarcastic ), these are quite normal when u have kids at homes, its pretty obvious what u said, true ..better if the part is replaced, but when this happened on few of my clients TV sets (different makes) I've successfully adjusted( in service mode) and replacing the part was postponed for another good couple of years Very Happy ,

i work in a company who manufacturers custom audio amps/ pre amps and equalizers, i do assemble those and trouble shoot the circuits, so i have repair skills though I'm not a TV pro..

i think i wasn't clear enough in my first post as u suggested to refer the user manual,

if u guys can kindly suggest me an alternative way to call the service menu, at-least I can try to improve the image ...it would be great help Sad ..plzz

tnx in advance Exclamation
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resolder the IR board. I've had my fair share of Sharps where the key pad quits working and after resoldering them they work fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия