electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Replacing a power supply...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bond007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Replacing a power supply... Reply with quote

...consumer electronics product: Audiologic color tv/cd/radio portable unit. I burned the power supply (ac/dc) and would like to know what replacing "it" is. Transformer? circuit board? resistors etc? Can anyone help? Took it to a repair shop and they wanted more money to repair than the item cost. Is this ready for the dumpster, or something that I might be able to do on my own?
Alek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this external power supply or build in?
If it is external, just buy an adapter with proper power and voltage, and if it is build in make it the same way just mount some conectors on the rear panel.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alek (or anyone)
Not built in. What needs replacing?? Can anyone describe what to replace - if transistors/resistors or circuit boards, this is beyond me. Please be more specific. Thanks.
Drambue

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to determine what the problem is would be by examining the supply on the bench - remote diagnosis with so little information is imposible.
The fault might be trival but that could only be determined by a hands on examination.
I might ask though how was the supply smoked? - wrong mains voltage or shorted output - if the unit failed without any external cause there might be issues with some other section of the TV drawing to much current.
Have you looked at the circuit for obviously burnt components?
An alternative is to post a query for techs living near you - maybe you could work out some arrangment that wasnt so expensive or involved some sort of barter.
Good luck- PJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please post more info on the unit and how it was damaged and perhaps someone can help with your problem.
Was the damage due to excessive voltage (lightning...etc)?
Does it have a internal fuse?
Is it a switching power supply?
More Info?????
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия