electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Why does a small LCD fade when warm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgeNCSUee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Why does a small LCD fade when warm? Reply with quote

I have a VW Golf4 that has a small LCD in the center of the instrument cluster and it fades when warm. For example it's nice and bright at night but in the middle of the day when it's warm inside it's faded and you pretty much can't see anything. It's one of those LCDs that's dark when off and lets the backlight through when on. What makes it fade like that and can it be fixed without having the replace it (since I haven't been able to find a replacement anywhere)? I appreciate any replies.

Here are some pics of the part if that helps:

kenray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: lcd Reply with quote

are you sure it's not the sunlight that makes the lcd seem dim. sometimes the sunlight overpowers the backlight of the lcd.
georgeNCSUee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the sunlight. While it was cool and bright one time, I warmed it up a bit with the heat gun and it faded and turned dark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия