electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer AM/FM Home Tuner model TX-960

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schematic Schemer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Pioneer AM/FM Home Tuner model TX-960 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for schematic diagrams, particularly with DC voltages included, for a Pioneer discrete home tuner. Model TX-960 This is a stand alone model, no amp. But it has PLL circuitry with independent RCA phono output jacks as well as decent antenna inputs.

The unit still works perfectly on FM stereo but the AM crapped out and it is mainly what I use this unit for. Recording talk shows on at odd hours when I am not awake.

I'm sure it's something small but would rather have a schematic before I pull the screws. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has repaired this kind of equipment before as I suspect it's something minor and common. Usually PS's go on these types of things.

Thanks!
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternative option:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-FM-AM-Digital-Synthesizer-Tuner-TX-960-Works-NR-/250676130504
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt he's going to be able to buy it for .99 cents though.

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course not. That's the "current bid." He'll need to do like it says: (Enter US $1.04 or more). Cool
Schematic Schemer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: TX-960 or followup Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that. Vintage. Still could blow out 2 mins after I plug it in.

I'd rather put new parts in some thing I owned especially since I know it has sat for the last decade, unplugged. Maybe even pull out my old college books and re-remember the diagrams and flowcharts.

In that case, any idea what's a good PC input type Oscilloscope replacement these days? Haven't researched them in awhile but I hear the prices are waAay down.

I had a dual trace retired air force unit but when that blew I had no tube tester. Laughing

Edit: yeah, the postage is $11 alone...
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope your problem can be solved with standard off-the-shelf resistors, capacitors and transistors, and hope that the ICs, IF/Detector coils, AM antenna, etc. are in good shape. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия