electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 42H81 Convergence Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twofang168

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Toshiba 42H81 Convergence Problem Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a Toshiba for about 4 years and haven't had any problems with it until this week. The color and screen seem to be alittle off so I decided to do the touch focus setup on the TV. That went through it's automatic procedure and it came back with an error. I then proceeded to do a manual convergence configuration and did the best I can but the picture and screen is still alittle off. I've been doing some research and found out there is a more detail configuration in the service menu. Will that potentially fix the problem? or is it the circuit borad in the projection tv? Been looking around for the schematic for this TV and have been unsuccessful. Any ideas and any suggestion is welcome. Thanks.
can01832

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: schematics Reply with quote

From what I found out this model does not have a service menu.

I HAD the same tv up until last week or was that 5 months ago. It depend on how you look at it. Simple problem right.

I had a convergence problem where the red gun could not be adjusted in the horizontal axis. This of coarse would make the image un-watchable. Luckily or unluckily I had an extended warranty that went an additional 4 years. WooHoo.

Well that all started in June. They came could not repair the set and then took it. FOR 4.5 MONTHS....

Long story short. got it back and died 3 days later.

Now I have a new DLP. SWEET.

If you want a schematic you can find one at www.smshop.org. The manual is for the 50H81 but it is the same. The cost was $25 and you could download it.

Good luck on your repair.
rusure

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can gain access to the 64 point convergance menu...but if you have an error, I assume no responsibility....you proceed at your own peril...

- press the "mute" button on the remote three times and hold it in on the third press
- while holding the "mute" button, press the "menu" button on the front of the twice
-release the "mute" button on the remote and press the "7" button on the remote
- you will now see a flashing square cursor on the screen
- 5 stops and starts the cursor from flashing and allows you to adjust the convergence at the given spot
- 3 changes the color of the gun you are going to adjust
- when the cursor is flashing, you can use the 2 to move the cursor up, 8 to move the cursor down, 4 to move the cursor left and 6 to move the cursor right
- use can press the 9 button and that will bring up some vertical white bars tp allow you to see what the convergences looks like...press the 9 again to make the bars disappear
- when you are done, press the 7, but only when you are done
- press the "auto focus" button when prompted
- turn the power off for five seconds and then back on

Also, if you remove the front grill and the little plastic access panel for the CRT's, there is a little control panel with six thumb wheels on it...DO NOT TOUCH THE TOP ROW UNLESS YOU HAVE A COLOR ANALYZER AS THE CONTROL THE GAIN FOR EACH GUN AND THEY ARE A BITCH TO CORRECT!

THE BOTTOM THREE ARE A FINE FOCUS FOR EACH GUN AND WILL ALLOW YOU TO ADJUST EACH GUN FOR BLOOMING!

Be careful with those controls.

Cheers...
42h81

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: toshiba 42h81 convergence Reply with quote

I have the same problem as twofang168... Did anyone try rusure's suggestion? I may have to as I am very P*d off about this $1500 RPTV
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is easy. Your convergence IC's failed. Now did it change the value of any of your bias resistors. Did you pop a pico fuse for your plus and minus to the IC's. Last but not least, if all of this has been checked, you could have a bad digital convergence module. If the sweep/deflection was changed, then it worked, that tells me a lot. I would suspect a bad digital convergence module unless some one who's a hack fixed it.
txTiger

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: RE:toshiba 42h81 convergence Reply with quote

Minnie,

What is IC?

I have a similar red light convergence problem. When I auto or manually adjust the red convergence, the three vertical lines are straight, but the top and bottom horizontal lines are not straight lines: the bottom is a big curve, and at the top there are many flashing lines. No way to adjust. I even opened the back cover and manually turned the red bulb. No use.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

tiger
minnie

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace you're STK392-110's. To start.
LuckyMang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same issue with my Toshiba 42H81. Took the back cover off. Looks like replacing the STK392-110's would be some kinda fun. First I checked to see if either one looked loose on the board. They seemed to be very solidly attached. Tried auto focus which failed with the same 'Focus Error'. Tried pushing the red, green and blue plugs on the same board to see if one had come loose. Tried auto focus again with the same error resulting. Thinking I had powered the set off I pulled the red plug on the same board. A vortex appeared on the center left of the screen. I powered the set off and back on again. Tried auto focus and presto! Perfect picture once again.

I hope this works for someone like myself looking at a $300 repair quote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия