electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 17WLT46B sound vanished!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartallan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Toshiba 17WLT46B sound vanished! Reply with quote

I bought this tv with freeview a couple of months back and when I switched it on this morning,there was no sound.I have tried retuning to no avail,and there is a clicking sound as channels are changed,but no actual sound.
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!
Vannin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: No Sound - Toshiba 17wlt46b Reply with quote

I had exactly the same problem on 23/11. 6 weeks old, turned it on and exactly the same symptoms. Very starnge - 'sounds' like the boot up for the audio side has failed. Called the 0115 number on the last page of the book - they took details and 2 days later a courier arrives with a box and packing and took the TV to the workshop. Don't know when it will come back, but all very painless and helpful.

Rgds

Very Happy
malepa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: No Sound - Toshiba 17wlt46b Reply with quote

Vannin wrote:
I had exactly the same problem on 23/11. 6 weeks old, turned it on and exactly the same symptoms. Very starnge - 'sounds' like the boot up for the audio side has failed. Called the 0115 number on the last page of the book - they took details and 2 days later a courier arrives with a box and packing and took the TV to the workshop. Don't know when it will come back, but all very painless and helpful.

Rgds

Very Happy
hi i have the same fault of no sound .could you tell me what was remedy sound only when select MONO on sound menu but does not
store.
regards
j.m
Vannin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: No Sound - Toshiba 17wlt46b Reply with quote

Hi again, I suffered the 4th total loss of sound last night. 4x in 7 months. On switch on the screen was a mess of colour and then it reset, but no sound. I called Toshiba Customer Services on 01276 694000 Opt 2 and as it was the 4th time and in warranty they gave me a refund number. Next contact the retailer who arranges collection and a refund.

I don not intend to have another one of these!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия