electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
AKAI s900 power supply

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxide54

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: AKAI s900 power supply Reply with quote

hi

i am trying to repair an AKAI s900 sampler.

basically there are two main boards, the voice board and the CPU board
but the cpu board aint exactly an intel xeon if you know what I mean.

the power comes in through a IEC socket. there is 220/240 switch. then to the coil, with 3 secondary windings one of which is center tapped.

(btw the description about winding might be technically inaccurate, i am quite new at this)

the coil outputs various AC voltages 7.1 /16.5/16.2/16.2 the two 16.2 are from the center tapped winding.

these test very close to the spec, a couple are slightly out. ( i can retest and give you exact readings) (not sure what the tolerance is here)

these AC voltages are fed to the "power supply board" which looking at the schematic has the 4 diode bridges which is not suprising given it outputs DC!

there are two DC output connectors whicd feed the voice and CPU board

the CPU board connector tests correctly. but the voice one doesn't there are +6V and -6V rails and they test around the 25V mark. so i would assume that isn't healthy. and although there may be damage to CPU or Voice board I should probably fix the power supply board before moving on.

i am starting to appreciate the level of detail in the schematic, and may start to test some of the voltages that are marked on the board for the output of various components,

has anyone anything help they could add?

if you want to see the service manual / schematic google "akai s900 service manual" the first result is a gearslutz post with a link to manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия