electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Looking for Solder Sucker opinions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techboy1000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Looking for Solder Sucker opinions Reply with quote

I want to get a solder sucker but don't want to buy garbage. I had tried one from The Source and it was useless.

Give me your suggestions and name brands and what you have had good success with. Thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few ideas.
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/search.aspx?K=desolder&T=R
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked with several brands and have had good luck with brands such as Weller, Hakko and Pace. Depending on your application and budget, you can easily spend a good bit on a desoldering unit. There will be pros and cons and regardless of the brand, you must keep up with cleaning/maintenace if you want it to last. When selecting, there are two major types; self-contaned or external shop air for the suction. In my experience, using shop air(if available), has always resulted in better overall performance.
For the past year in my line of work, I have been using an older model Metcal STSS001. (it uses RF for heating rather than the standard heating element). I have no idea how much it cost but do know that the Tips are expensive, I have to say it is the best I've used so far. Before that I used a self contained hand held Hakko 808. While it did a good job with most application, it was a bit bulky for smaller PCB work.
Danno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a weller and was very satisfied with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия