electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sony kv29k5u/FE1 chassis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drone1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: sony kv29k5u/FE1 chassis Reply with quote

Symptoms are:

Set powers up ok but then starts counting through the channels with error blinks from leds counting to 5,i dont suspect the crt (as yet) as their are no audible cracks or anything picture quality wise (pic perfect in between jumps) anyone any ideas Confused

thanks in advance
gary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE TACTILE SWITCHES ON THESE TVS ARE PRONE TO GOING LEAKY. PUT THE TV INTO STANDBY WITH THE REMOTE, IF IT TURNS ITSELF ON ITS THE CHANNEL SWITCHES, REMOVE THEM TO PROVE IT, LEAK IS VERY SLIGHT NOT ALWAYS MEASUREABLE, REPLACEMENT THE ONLY LASTING CURE. THE BLINKING LED IS NOT AN ERROR CODE JUST THE MICRO BEING FOOLED INTO THINKING SOMEONE IS PRESSING THE CHANNEL BUTTON
kiko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solve this problem before few months...I spend many hours on this problem.Just desolder and take out front switches +p and -p.
good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks it was swiches but only cured when totally removed from set !
i was about to give up

thanks again Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i take out the channel switches my tv is continually scrolling through the channels in a downaward way. the menu keeps popping up and the volume is continually going up. do i have a more serious problem?
gary

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST UNSOLDER THEM, WHEN ALL THE SOLDER IS REMOVED THEY WILL COME AWAY FROM THE BOARD, IF IT THEN DOESN'T SCROLL THROUGH ON ITS OWN THATS WHAT THE FAULT IS, IF IT STILL DOES IT, YES YOU HAVE A MORE SERIOUS PROBLEM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия