electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Finlux color TV, screen fades in and out

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Finlux color TV, screen fades in and out Reply with quote

Just purchased a new Finlux TV for my mother-in-law..worked great for 30 seconds and then the screen did a slow fade..but the sound was still crystal clear...then the picture came back for 10 seconds or so and faded out again.
Thought it might be the cable [antenna] connection so I played with it for a minute and the picture came back again and stayed for maybe a minute..then faded out. Finally one or two channels managed to come on and stay on until she started the TV up again next day. Then the problem repeated itself. I don't understand because we saw this exac t model working perfectly in the showroom and bought that demo model..

I bought a new cable and it seemed to work but the TV wouldn't do it's automatic channel finding..and the problem is now that she gets maybe 7 channels out of the one hundred possible...and the TV decides to function for an hour or two before fading out again [while the sound stays].
has anyone had a similar problem with their Finlux models?
What was the solution?

Thanks
-Shai
Holland
Al_Dodge_Bundy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Shai,

It seems like, during transport, a dry solder joint or bad connection has been created.

Due to the fact that the TV is new, just bring it back to your shop and request an other one. It's seems to be a clear warranty case.

Good luck (en groetjes),

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think dry solder joint or bad connection @ crt socket on crt pcb.

groeten

luc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's most definitely a connection problem in the filament circuit for the crt for the fading problem. It could be on the main or crt board.
The auto-program problem, could be an aft alignment problem within the main board. Attempt to manually install (activate) a known channel and see if it's now included in the "scan" selection. If it is and you don't have the expertise to perform chassis alignment, then install each desired channel manually and see how you make out. It could also be that the tv is not compatible with your antenna/cable/satellite equipment. It could also be that there is a problem with your antenna/cable/satellite system or that your tv "setup" for your system isn't set correctly.
Shai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
It's most definitely a connection problem in the filament circuit for the crt for the fading problem. It could be on the main or crt board.
The auto-program problem, could be an aft alignment problem within the main board. Attempt to manually install (activate) a known channel and see if it's now included in the "scan" selection. If it is and you don't have the expertise to perform chassis alignment, then install each desired channel manually and see how you make out. It could also be that the tv is not compatible with your antenna/cable/satellite equipment. It could also be that there is a problem with your antenna/cable/satellite system or that your tv "setup" for your system isn't set correctly.

Dear Anonymous [and all the rest who answered...],

Many thanks for taking the time to reply..and you were basically spot on target...it was a misaligned chasis [rear bottom] which was caused by the way the TV was mounted in my mother-in-law's cabinet...to explain. .she has a large [old] living room cabinet-china closet-bar in which the TV sits on a sliding flat wooden pull-out and swivel base...
As it happens, the guys who brought it and set it up just plopped it on the base and slid it back into the cabinet..but the weight distribution was such that all of the TV's weight was being supported by the middle-underside of the set and not the [front] feet..where the cathode ray screen makes the TV the heaviest.
I realised this when I pulled the TV out of the cabinet and set it up on her dining table [I was trying an alternate cable connection to , indeed, check if it was a signal problem and not a TV problem]
Once it was on a totally flat surface it worked fine. I replaced the sliding base with one a bit deeper and re-installed the TV. turned it on and it worked perfectly..that was about an hour after writing you here at ESI.
It has worked since and my mother-in-law is [now, finally] exceedingly happy. The dealer says that should it act up again in the next month or so, he will replace it free..even though the warranty does not cover mishandling such as improper installation by third parties....my case, thus.
Again, my thanks.

-Sincerely
-Shai
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия