electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Help with camcorderrepair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
temelkoff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Help with camcorderrepair Reply with quote

Hello there,
recently my camcorder Canon DM-XM1 starts to make some drops and flicks while recording on tape. I went to Canon certified service center and they tell me that the recording unit DY1-8030 was so stale.
Problem was that this part is no longer supplied by Canon. Here in Europe I can’t find this part in other service centers and I decided to look at USA based service centers. USA is a much bigger market than Europe and the american model Canon DM-XL1 has the same recording unit.
I found the site www.camcorderrepair.com, the guy said “Yes, we do have the part in stock
The part cost is $288.00 plus $52.00 ship to Europe”. I paid $340 through PayPal and receive package with the part. I went directly to my service center, the repairman said that this part is more heavily used than my original one. He installed the recording unit and the problems were more obvious.

I explain the situation to the camcorderrepair.com and just now the guy said that the part was refurbished. He never before mention that the part is USED. There is no sense to buy a used mechanical part. I will never buy refurbished repair part!

I request from camcorderrepair.com to refund my money and take back the DY1-8030, but the guy said “We do not accept refund for the part is already installed”.

How can I see that the repair part is working without installing it?
Is it possible in the USA someone to sell goods without mentioning that they are refurbished and without any kind of warranty?

Please give me some advice!
Do I have any chance to see my money back?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ