electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC AV56WP74 - green/yellow tint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hutch1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: JVC AV56WP74 - green/yellow tint Reply with quote

Greetings!

I'm attempting to repair my JVC AV56WP74 rear projection TV manufactured August 2003. The screen image suddenly developed a greenish/yellow tint to it, and I'm not sure where to begin to fix this. The image is clear, and the colors seem to line up correctly. The convergence menu shows a white grid - as expected. Therefore, I don't think it's a convergence problem.

I did replace the convergence chips about 3 years ago.

The tint control has no effect on the color...like it's disconnected.

I appreciate any suggestions where I can look to resolve this!

Thanks!
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it hooked up component by any chance? Sounds like an unplugged wire. Check the red and blue wires if that's not it sounds like one of your CRT's is shot.
hutch1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - it it connected my component cables. However, I see the same problem regardless of the input source, and on the internally-generated TV menus.

How can I tell if a CRT is bad? I suspect that it's not worth fixing the set if a CRT is bad, and I really don't want to trash the set without confirming that a CRT is bad...

Thanks for the response!
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the speaker grill off for 2 reasons. After doing so remove the screen assembly so you can see the 3 tubes. I suspect the red or blue tube is weak. Now remove the plate covering the front of the set. You'll find a black block. It's the screen/focus block. Turn the screen control clock wise for the weak tube and see if the tube responds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия