electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
WTB - Duophone 202 - Radio Shack 200 memory and speakerphone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Buy, sell, trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andre

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: WTB - Duophone 202 - Radio Shack 200 memory and speakerphone Reply with quote

No photo but it's beige in color, Built in about 1990 and sold by many
outlets including RShack , DAK, and others.

It has a keyboard (non-qwerty), a clock, 200 memory, LCD screen,
and a handset and speaker and microphone.

It's about 8 x 6 x 2" .

It's not worth too much to me. Perhaps $10. But maybe we can do each
other some favors. My background is

1. analytical chemistry - I can create educational experiences for children
if you like to teach at home

2. I enjoy making battery packs for portable equipment. Mostly I design
them and make 1 or 2 for myself. Friends are 'cautious' to say the least
about plugging in a $200 camera to my monster. But I've never had a
dead man from my handiwork.

3. I do research pretty well. Being a retired scientist I have to keep up
and work everyday at learning something new.
If you're intersted in things in science and need some help understanding
I might be able to help.

Andre
kevalbro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Duofone 202 Reply with quote

Hello Andre,

I have just seen your note about the DUOFONE 202 telephone.

I bought two of these phones around the year 1988 at Radio Shack. One of them is still working quite well, the other one is not functioning well, because the handset switch seems to be defective, and so the telephone does not hang up when I place the handset back into the cradle.

If you are interested in selling your phone, or if you know how I can get a new switch for the cradle so that I will be able to hang up the telephone, then drop me a line at [email protected] as soon as you can.

Kevalbro
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post is almost 2 years old.
Lostmypword

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: 2 years old and the thread still works Reply with quote

I contacted the 2nd poster after finding his post 2 years later.
He's still wanting a repair since he likes the phone.

I'm still using my phone and enjoying it a lot.

The thread is alive and the forumworks.

Andre
FieldMarshal

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Radio Shack DuoPhones 202 & 206 Reply with quote

I added a simple two pole, double throw switch to my Duophone 202, turning it into a two-line phone.

The LCD screen and memory electronics seem to be identical to a two-line phone sold by DAK Industires back in the eighties. The DAk phone's handset cradled across the top of the phone, as opposed to resting on one side or t'other. Additionally, the DAK's best feature was that it would dial out automatically, after inputting the first three letters of any of the 200 stored names and numbers. That phone was made by/imported by Colonial Data Services,and was named the AP 2002 ... I think.

If any body knows where one of these phones is located, I'd like to buy it, as I lost mine in a fire.

But the Duophones work well too. I also have a Duophone 206 with 304 name memory, but the LCD screen is blank, so the memory cannot be used.

Bob in San Francisco
acellier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject: Radio Shack DuoPhones 202 & 206 - broken handset switch Reply with quote

I found that I could insert a folded piece of paper in the upper part of the broken switch, forcing contact between black and yellow, to turn the 202 into a permanent speakerphone.
acellier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Radio Shack DuoPhones 202 & 206 - broken handset swi Reply with quote

acellier wrote:
I found that I could insert a folded piece of paper in the upper part of the broken switch, forcing contact between black and yellow, to turn the 202 into a permanent speakerphone.

OOPS – LOWER PART OF THE SWITCH, so upper contact meets middle contact
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Buy, sell, trade All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия