electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KLV37s400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Munchkin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Sony KLV37s400 Reply with quote

I've been hassling with a Sony KLV37S400. Turns on fine, then turns off at random times with a loud pop on speakers. I nearly had a probe slip the first time it shut down on me due to the 'pop' sound being so loud. I have run through the inverter board even though a hard shut down like this didn't seem to point to it being the fault. All levels on the G2D board (DPS-250AP-34) were ok, although ripple levels were concerning. electrolytics all OK, discrete semiconductors seem fine nothing runs hot at all. My only concern was the duty cycle on the MIP2H2 seemed a little high and wave form seemed typical of a failed snubber or lack thereof. Other concern was when probing the reference pin on L431 (1.25V version) supply relay would click on/off like a car indicator. and levels at this feedback fluctuated drastically, dipping lower and lower in incriments of .01V till shut down. At times I would observe a sound that could only be described as fluttering coming from PFC stage. \r\nI had a probe slip late one night and blew fets on the main supply including the controller. being a DELTA unit with proprietary component numbers My best guess based on topology was a L6598. also replaced the PFC control with L6562. Worked again with same symptoms. only IC I couldn't figure was a ST micro device in SOP8 marking is DAS001.
I have run through the input board audio stages as well, after plugging in a GP 1-875-582-12 (swapped pins on input board connector and changed backlight inverter connector) and for the first time getting the unit to go into self diagnosis indicating 8 flashes.
This unit has just been adding insult to injury and it is now personal. I have a satcoms development background and smps design for maritime applications was were i picked up extensive experience.....but this one has me stumped!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия