electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA RT2870R receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuinnessSteve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: RCA RT2870R receiver Reply with quote

About ten months ago, I bought a new TV, Blu Ray and a Wal-Mart special receiver/speaker set. The speakers are adequate, but the receiver has always been a problem. While watching movies/television, the receiver seems to "time out" when the sound gets too quiet or when there's no sound at all. This results in a delay when the sound gets louder/comes back. It's the most irritating thing that could happen while watching a movie. I've been forced to keep the TV speakers on while using the stereo so that I can hear what happens when the sound cuts out.

I did some googling and found that this is a common problem with this stereo. Wal Mart won't take it back, and I can't really afford another stereo (hence why I haven't returned it yet). I figure there must be a way to fix this, but my knowledge of electronics is limited. As there's no settings that can be changed with any of the controls or remote control, I figure it must be a hardware defect of some sort.

Anyone know how to fix it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия