electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
HP Compaq nx7400 Power-On password reset?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urani

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: HP Compaq nx7400 Power-On password reset? Reply with quote

Can Someone tell me how to reset the password for My HP Compaq nx7400, the password is on the epprom.
which is the number of epprom storing this password and can I use the "IBMpass 2.0 Lite" for reading the BIN file and finding the password?
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: reset power on password for a Compaque parario 500 series... Reply with quote

A friend of mine gave me their old computer. It has a power on password. He gave me what he thought was the password but it doesn't work. How can I reset the reset the power on password. It is a compaq desktop 500 series. manufactured in 2000. thanks.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: reset password Reply with quote

When I disconnect the battery and the CMOS should the computer be on and WILL I GET SHOCKED? thanks
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: reset password Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
When I disconnect the battery and the CMOS should the computer be on and WILL I GET SHOCKED? thanks

You should NOT have it on when you do this. Take it to CompUSA or Microcenter, spend a few bucks

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: reset password Reply with quote

[quote="[email protected]"]When I disconnect the battery and the CMOS should the computer be on and WILL I GET SHOCKED? thanks[/quote]

turn it off, take out the battery, wait 10 seconds, put the battery in, reboot... even if you did get shocked you wouldn't know it... its not even 1.5 volts.

just do it your self, its easier than taking the cover off the case.
Dainard Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like to say that compaq nx 7400 with a power up password issue I have taken out the batteries and let them rest for 10 min and then put RFC back in but am still getting the same message. Any suggestions would be helpful. If this is the BIOS password you may have to contact Compaq and be prepared to supply proof of ownership.
Below the some tips-
* reset power on password hp dc7100
* lost power on password hp dc7100
* Power on Password Driving Me Insane
* power on password

Thanks for you little bit
Dainard Jackson
Janeesh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Power on Password reset Reply with quote

I reset the power on password by removing battery+remove the power code+remove the CMOS battery.Press and hold the power button for 5-10 sec.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия