electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
57 hitachi died after power surge - HELP, PLEASE!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjames72

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: 57 hitachi died after power surge - HELP, PLEASE!!!! Reply with quote

Hi guys--hope you can help me out. The set i have is about 4 yrs old and is a 57uwx20b. I have had NO problems with the set before. The tv was working fine in the am., but came home (from having knee surgery - the best time for your tv to take a dive, huh?!?) turned the set on with the remote, red led light came on but no picture. it sounds like the speakers kick on, but no sound. I couldnt do anything with the remote. The only way i could turn the set off was to manually press the button on the unit. I found out that the power had gone out for approx. 45 min. while I was gone. I'm an industrial mechanic and am handy with a multimeter and schematics (but i cant find one for my model) I'm a little uneasy at messing with the tv cold. I checked all fuses and they checked out ok. Looked the boards over and found nothing unusual. I let the unit sit overnite and tried again still nothing. I suspect the standby power supply is good because the set would power up with the remote but not sure. The set has a built in surge protector according to the user manual, but i dont know what to look for. I hear the relays kick in also. I'm at your mercy to help me out. Thanks for your time - ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes failing electrolytic capacitors will fail when the power is turned off and they get cold. Test/replace these, then check that the B+ is in spec. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия