electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
JVC AV21F1EK - no colour picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolly1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: JVC AV21F1EK - no colour picture Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a problem with this tv; my 2 year old has been playing with the remote control (may I add that it is usually out of his reach!) and I cannot get a colour picture. TV is connected to an NTL box and dvd player. I have checked all leads and they are secure, dvd player is in colour and I have the tv on the right output i.e. ext2.

Please please can someone help me out with this? I have been through the menu system but can't find anything that leaps out at me that he may have changed!

Shelly Confused
sparky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: JVC AV21F1EK - no colour picture Reply with quote

Hi!
Is it the t.v remote the little devil was playing with?
Is it the NTL box that is in b&w?
If so what is the NTL box connected to?
If ext-1 Does the t.v remote have an s-in button on it?
If this doesn't work and is connected to EXT1 try swapping around with the dvd player.
Sorry but trying to visualise this model and remote button layout as it has been some time since I have seen one.
dolly1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sparky!

I swapped the dvd player and TV around and that gave me colour but I also found a tiny button with 'S' above it and hey presto we are back in full colour!

Thank you so much for your help. Very Happy
sparky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: JVC AV21F1EK - no colour picture Reply with quote

Ah good!
I had a feeling that was the problem but wasn't really sure if the remote button was s-in or s. This changes the format to s-video mode.
By swapping this would have confirmed this as the fault symptoms would also be swapped.

Best Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия