electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 27df46 wont turn on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdouble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Toshiba 27df46 wont turn on Reply with quote

Hi guys,
First post and I did read forum rules so hopefully I wont get flamed for idiocy.

Ill try to make this short and sweet

My 27 in TV died so I replaced it with a 42 in lcd. Thing is, no one likes the new tv but me so im trying to fix old one.

So, I fired up my oscope and mistakenly thought I could evaluate the signal coming out of Q502.. I was wrong. I replaced it only to find the same symptoms which is to say it wont turn on.

Right now im thinking maybe D523 is bad as the drop across is is 2.6v and it should be 18. Right? its a MTZJ18B which as much as I read is a 18v zener. If this diode is indeed bad, best i can see I havnt found a reseller =(

If I remember right in most good PS circuits, if UV or OV is detected there is a circuit that will prevent any switching to occur. I'm hope ing this is the issue.

I have included a blown up PS page https://home.comcast.net/~mrdouble/toshiba%20ps.pdf

Was also wondering what is B501_1 thing and why C507_3 is marked with ZZZ?

ALSO. I have the full Service Manual would it be benifial to upload it to you guys as I paid like 17 bucks for it. Wasnt sure it posting it was allowed

Thanks in advance
Mike
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To forward bias a diode is only .6 to volts DC. Unless it's a zener diode. Let me think on this one but I would suspect a bad diode. Check/replace C504 22@50, C113 2.2@50, C633 10@35. Then suspect D523.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw b-plus 159.4 Q502 drain. 5.3 volts is the switching circuits b-plus for Q502 gate and Q514 collector. D523 is between this point and circuit ground.
B501_1 is a ferrite bead. Acts like a coil.

Check R501, F502, Q502 and Q514

You should be able to upload SM into service manuals database.
mrdouble

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick responses. Seems wife went out and bought a new exterior door, Guess who get to replace that.

Ill let you know what I come up with later this week Smile
mrdouble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I had it fixed.. HAD

It seems Q514 was bad, I replaced it and turned it on.

After confirming everything was working, I decided I wanted to check the Q502 signal with my O-scope. When I did, I shorted the gate to source with the probe. I ended up cooking Q514,Q502,R44,R521,R530, fuse F502,And R542.

I guessing when I shorted out Q502, it pulled to much current across R542, which popped that which force all power through remaining paths.

My real question is now.. Is where do I order these parts. Like the .18 Ohm 1 watt metel oxide resistor. I know I can go to Digikey if I want to buy 2500 of them. I would really like to buy all of it at 1 place to save money on shipping.

Thankyou
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ARE using a isolation transformer?

There's also Mouser. Both will sell you "1" if it is "In Stock." How important is composition of resistor?
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ARE using a isolation transformer and a sharpened probe-tip?

There's also Mouser. Both will sell you "1" if it is "In Stock." How important is composition of resistor?
mrdouble

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No on both, Probe is standard plunger tektronics type .

Well, I appreciate the offer but since I have like 10 components id like to replace id like to find somewhere to buy all my parts.

I went to toshiba and they said they don't sell part directly and that they use this distributor but when I click on the link there are no parts available
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия