electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Subwoofer preamp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tantell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Subwoofer preamp Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've recently upgraded my stereo to a digital setup, however I'm not sure what to do with my sub. The old system was a powered sub, however the new one is not - my poor old lovely sub speaker is sitting unpowered in the corner of my room. Am I able to use a simple preamp to run my sub, or do I require something specific. Any help would be warmly welcome.

Ta

Tantell
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say. "digital setup", remember that music that you listen to, is and always will be analog--. So yes, you should be able to use your old subwoofer as long it can be fed w/ an analog signal (like from a preamp as you mentioned)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия