electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony power control cable
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supernaut

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Sony power control cable Reply with quote

Hello to all- I've got a Sony home stereo (HCD-541) and damaged the ribbon cable (#176512111) that connects the head unit to the subwoofer. Sony says it's no longer available, but I KNOW it has to sitting in some warehouse.

Could anyone advise as to a supplier? The unit was sold primarily in the USA and Mexico. Is there any chance I could solder or somehow connect the mangled end to the circuit? One end is fully intact, the other is just a 17 pin bare ribbon wire. I'm screwed, but I'd like to salvage something. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA. J.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wire up a number of sockets and plugs.

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&megnev=&megnev2=HCD-441&kategoria=&kat2=schematics

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnaks for the reply. Any idea about how to go about that? It's a very small 17 pin cable.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this type of work dealing with lots of needless "discontinued" stuff. Aim has always been to force you to buy new while filling the landfills. (used to get a kick out of getting back at you know who Very Happy)
If you are comfortable with soldering and not afraid to try, I can show you how. There was a time where I had many of the connectors laying around but after a while hardwiring was the only choice. My time is limited here but check very often. Just got to find the manuals in my files.
I think the manual @ Eltanya may not be complete. (check and see)
Register with a nickname and post back and if you are not in a hurry I can try to help.
woodman1411

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
I did this type of work dealing with lots of needless "discontinued" stuff. Aim has always been to force you to buy new while filling the landfills. (used to get a kick out of getting back at you know who Very Happy)
If you are comfortable with soldering and not afraid to try, I can show you how. There was a time where I had many of the connectors laying around but after a while hardwiring was the only choice. My time is limited here but check very often. Just got to find the manuals in my files.
I think the manual @ Eltanya may not be complete. (check and see)
Register with a nickname and post back and if you are not in a hurry I can try to help.

I need to get a cable also

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies and info. While I continue my search for the elusive cable, I'll also be seeking the service manual. I might be able to rig up something with the damaged cable or fabricate or? Any more ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Wire up a number of sockets and plugs.

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&megnev=&megnev2=HCD-441&kategoria=&kat2=schematics

CN701 right by "Page 27."

Subwoofer SA-W441 or SA-W442 are not covered via Elektrotanya, I'd suggest that since one cable end is known, the other end can be extrapolated.
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, out of the 17 pins on the cable, eleven pins are used for different voltage/signal levels. The rest , although are labeled as different grounds, are all tied together. Block diagram of main unit shows;

Basically, the best way is to desolder and remove whichever side connector that is missing the jack and directly hardwire it while paying attention not to mix up wires. This way you'd have room for the cable to make it through the opening.
Plus & minus 7.5 V
Plus & minus 9 V
2 Filaments (for display)
-30V
Power/relay control
Phase control
Unregulated Bplus
Chasis ground

Digital Ground, Analog Ground, Woofer control. Audio Ground, Tape Cassette Motor Ground, Cd Motor Ground are all tied together.

Last edited by vtech on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VTEC- thanks a lot for that schematic. It will come in very handy when I can find somone to take on the task. I think it's above my skill level, but I can improve by maybe testing out on some junk boards/wire.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, thanks for all the good advice. I finally found the cable from an obscure vendor on ebay. I was almost Rolling Eyes looking for the challange. Be well. J.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия