electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
aux-in on CD changer connection of BMW business RDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oostsingel108

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: aux-in on CD changer connection of BMW business RDS Reply with quote

Now that I have unlocked the old machine: I was wondering if someone knows if I can fool the radio into thinking that a CD changer is connected.
In fact all I want is a 3.5 mm jack connection which I can connect to my Phone to do the hands-free stuff and listen to music from it.

It is a Philips Business RDS tape-deck with the 10 pin connector underneath the standard BMW connector.

thanks!
oostsingel108

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is this one:

murfy888

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there I have no idea on how to fool the machine but I have tip for you. For your convenience may I recommend you to buy "Audio Line-in Cassette Adapter for Car Stereos". You don't need to open your car stereo but just put it in the cassette to the player and its your line in now for you hands free or phone.
oostsingel108

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this with my previous machine; the REVERSE RDS type Head Unit. The sound is crap but there was sound Smile

The REVERSE had a mechanical loading mechanism (you push the tape in)

The Business type has electrical loading and is much more sensitive. Loading the MC adapter jams the machine. Sound would still be sh#t anyway.

thanks for the tip anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия