electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PCB component identification help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atreies

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: PCB component identification help Reply with quote

I have an RF remote for an adjustable bed that had a component broken off the PCB. I will get pictures if needed but I think I can describe it well enough to hopefully get some help.

The missing part is labeled L2 and immediatly follows L1 on the trace and then the trace does 2 90 degree turns and ends. As far as I can tell this is the antennae. So we have L1 (a very small coil by my research is an inductor?) and then L2 a small black component about the size of the small rectangular caps used in laptops and other small spaces. Some reading I've done suggests this may be an RF resistor to create a feedback loop. I have no idea what ratings to use for such a device and so I tried just bridging the pads where the component was with solder. Device appears to function based on the LED flashing as it should but still the bed does not respond to the remote. Can anyone help with what this component might be? Searching for schematics has turned up zilch as has trying to contact the company. I refuse to pay over $200 for a silly little remote. Oh and by the way it uses 4 AA batteries to power it if that helps with determining what the ratings might be for the compnent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия