electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Cambridge Audio CD5 laser isue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Cambridge Audio CD5 laser isue Reply with quote

Hi knowledgeable people. Really hope you can help.

I have a cambridge audio CD5 player that has been playing up for some time. It has trouble reading discs (TOC) and this was always helped by a jog or a kick. Problem has evolved and there are certain discs that it wont play despite reading TOC. It tries to play the tracks 1 by 1 but fails. Most discs it is just track 1 that it wont play. I decided that it must be the laser unit so ordered a replacement. First one that came had a clear lens but i the unit i had had a blue lens. Tracked one down with a blue lens and set about fitting it. With new laser unit the Player wont even spin the CD. Have tried the calibration pot but makes no difference. Am i missing something? Am i stupid to think that its an easy job? The Laser unit on the CD5 is a sony KSS-213C. Grateful for any help.

regards
Pete
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You DID remove the shipping jumper?
tangent1

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.....Where would that be?
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See PDF manual:

http://monacor.co.uk/products/prosound-cdaccessories/vnr/212220/
tangent1

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much.... laser didnt come with any instruction and although i looked for any difference between old and new, didnt expect to have to unsolder a joint on the PCB. All now working fine. I am very grateful indeed.
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия