electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Weird output from Acer 19" monitor, OSD works fine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tftproblem1

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Weird output from Acer 19" monitor, OSD works fine Reply with quote

I don't really know how to describe what happened to my monitor, but I made a small video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjh5crE-Zx4

In summary, the output of the monitor is all garbled, but still there (not dead) - but the OSD works fine.

I have some knowledge of electronics - so I opened it up, checked the capacitors, didn't find anyone gone bad - but I'll check again, might have missed something (not very experienced in this).

Any pointers as to how could this happen, and where should I focus my investigation? I guess it's something related to the VGA input, but what could it be? (So I should check only the vga board, not the power one?)

[I already have another identical monitor which works fine, so making this work is not critical, nor do I care about the cost so much, I just wan't to see if I can fix it!]
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If signal is within specs, try re-seating LVDS cable ends. Otherwise scaler board.
tftproblem1

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
If signal is within specs, try re-seating LVDS cable ends. Otherwise scaler board.

The signal must be ok, since if i disconnect the vga cable and connect it to another monitor, all appears fine. I don't know if you mean something else.

I reseated the panel end of the LVDS cable, no changes there too. The other end is fixed on the scaler board.. So I'm left with the scaler board.

What should I check there? Could I replace the whole board (where can I find one on that case?) - Its an Acer AL1916W As monitor. I can easily find a power board but no luck with the scaler one :/.

The capasitors look fine on both boards, something weird is happening. I don't know what to check with a multimeter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия