electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 53uwx10ba has power, but no picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pupsin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Hitachi 53uwx10ba has power, but no picture Reply with quote

Hello!! I am having a problem with our Hitachi 53uwx10ba rear projection tv. Until yesterday, the tv was working fine. About a year ago, we had a convergence problem, and I was able to fix that, so I've been in the tv before Very Happy

When you turn the tv on, you hear it turn on, the red light on front lights up and stays on solid, no blinking. When you power down, you hear it turning off. I have my 4 green LED's on the board lighting up, and the one red LED. I had heard that the DP23 (I believe is what it was) can be out, however mine is lit up. I don't know though if it can be green and still be bad. Before we lost the picture completely, the pic pulled into the middle, in an oval shape, then it went out about a minute later...then nothing. Before the pic went out completely you could hear a slight crackling type sound that was very brief. It did sit overnight, and today I did get the oval again, then crackling and now back to no picture or sound.

Until we tried to use it yesterday, there had been no problems. I would appreciate any and all help, this tv while being older, was providing such a beautiful quality picture, I hate to think it's totally dead. I'm sure it's something "easy" to fix, but don't know where to start. Thank you again!
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWEE:

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&megnev=&megnev2=53uwx10b&kategoria=&kat2=all
Pupsin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I have the service manual and am going through it now Wink Sure hope it is fixable and cheap....lol
slinteriors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check the deflection board and yokes first as thats a DP14G I have seen issues with the deflection board causing an egg shape pic before replaceing the board solved the issue, But we never determined what the cause was except the board.
Pupsin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks slinteriors..I think the problem is on the deflection board, it appears on the bottom of the board I see some solder that looks brown, but I need to completely pull the board I think. I did check the FP01 fuse, and it looks mint, was hoping that would be it..lol I have noticed that DP23 LED is weaker than the other lights, but is lit up. I am going to check the yokes as you suggested right now Smile
Pupsin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK..if I post this twice, I am sorry, I hit submit and don't see my reply..

Today I put the tv back together, backboard and all, because I don't think I'll have time to work on it til Sun. afternoon. Hubby came in and turned it on, still no pic or sound...and he hit the side of the set and now it works. Not sure if it will again tom. or not, but for now it's fine. So I'm wondering if there is just something loose that needs re-soldering? I am hoping so, because my theory is if it is bad, it won't work at all...but I guess it could be ready to go out..hmmmm I need to remove the delfection board from the set completely to really get a good look, and see all my options...again thanks for any info Very Happy
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the pico fuses that feed the convergence IC's.
SOPHM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the I601 VERT OUPUT on the DEFLECTION PWB. I have one that the solder joints cracked and Also had a Philips 55PP9401 that had the same board with same cracked joints on the VERT OUTPUT.

Depending on the temperature it would contact sometime and work and go off, picture would mess all up when it contacted and uncontacted. I used a hair dyer and heated up the heat sink for about 10-15 seconds and picture kicked on and put hair dyer on cool and picture would go off. Doing this causes heat sink to expand and contract moving the Vert output chip.
Pupsin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK..tv is back to not wanting to turn on ...I removed the deflection board and have found that QH01 may be my problem...I used my voltmeter and on the center pin, it goes very high reading...the right pin reads 001 but the left pin which I have been told should read about the same as the right measures anywhere from 800-1300..I have it set to Diode mode for my readings. Q777 reads good, as does FP05. All the solder looks to be in good shape. I just am wondering where the best place to order parts is. Also if anyone reads this thinks I'm wrong..please let me know. I've checked all the pico fuses and they are good. I hope this is the problem Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия