electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizio Power Supply?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLICKWILLIE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Vizio Power Supply? Reply with quote

I have a Vizio E550VL.

About a week ago, we had a bad thunderstorm, and the TV went out.

When we turned the TV back on, everything seemed fine, but there was no audio on any of the inputs. I was going out of town the next day, so I didn't worry about it. When I got back in town today, I had the same problem. I mainly use HDMI (HD cable and PC) -- I could get a picture for both, but no audio at all.

Within 15 minutes of fiddling with all the settings, etc... the TV turned itself off. Except instead of having the amber VIZIO logo lit up, there was nothing (no backlight -- white OR amber).

Unplugging the power from the back of the TV then plugging it back causes a very SLIGHT click, but no amber logo. Sometimes, if you leave it plugged in a while, the logo will light up amber briefly (with a louder click) -- but then go away. Sometimes the logo goes to amber (and then totally off) very rapidly. Even if the amber logo stays on long enough to try to power on the TV, it won't power on at all.

I'd hate to totally junk this TV if it's something I can change for a few hundred bucks. I build PCs, so I feel confident I could change a power supply or component part if I had reasonable assurance that was what the problem was. I'm not too worried about having no audio (if that is unrelated), because I can always pump the audio from the PC or cable box through a receiver. I'd just hate to loose a 55" flatscreen I bought less than a year ago...

Thanks for any suggestions. Please let me know if I can provide additional information that might allow for a better diagnosis.

WILL
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you lost audio then the set went down, suspect the main board.

http://www.vizparts.com/product.php?kw=E550VL&x=20&y=7
biggertv

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe caps in power supply. maybe worse. I installed an RCA power supply in my Vizio, had to re wire the connectors but all is well and better than new. I can try to repair your board, Im in Florida.
First unplug the set and disconnect all cables let it sit for 15 minutes, you might get lucky. Can you check power supply Voltages? You should test before buying any parts.
aquamon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: vizio Reply with quote

had one with "serial talk" to uproc with solder sliver...dirty solder job from man. use heavy magnifier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия