electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony CDP-cx200 Player keeps skipping.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyber49er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Sony CDP-cx200 Player keeps skipping. Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I have a CDP-cx200 home audio cd player and the player keeps skipping after a few seconds of playing a song. I opened the casing and cleaned the lens and also even purchased a new Spindle moter which spins the CD thinking that would do it. I also tried adjusting the pot on the lasre pick up assembly but that does not even do the trick. My next thing to do is buy a new laser pick up assembly from sony but I want to make sure before I spend 50 dollars that, That will do the trick. Can some one give me some advice. Thank you and hope to hear some good responses.
brad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are different types of skipping. does it stay in one place and stutter, does it jump back, or forward. you should never adjust the laser power pot. possible causes are, the laser pickup is bad (e-f balance is off), or the sled drive motor may be be bad.
Belegedhel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Figure it out? Reply with quote

I might have a similar skipping problem with my unit. It only skips on the first track of a CD, and it doesn't appear to be a mechanical problem. Did you solve your problem?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many adjustments for tracking. Really the only way is to calibrate them to factory specifications. Increasing the laser power will only burn the laser out much faster. Increasing the laser power of a failing laser will buy you a little more time until it needs to be replaced.
belegehdl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: more on laser replacement Reply with quote

So I replaced the laser block on my CDP-CX200. Bad news is, with the new laser, the player chucks up a cd, the laser lens protrudes a couple of times like it is trying to get a read, and then the player unchucks the CD and goes for the next one (with same results). Anyone seen this? Is the new laser bad, or is there some compatibility issue?

Thanks for any suggestions.
gary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DID YOU REMEMBER TO UNSOLDER THE BRIDGING LINK THAT IS USED TO HELP PREVENT STATIC ELECTRICITY DAMAGE DURING TRANSPORT & STORAGE?
fongs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Have u checked the connection cables between the laser pickup & the main PCB? There could be internal breaks in these cables... especially if it is the flexible printed PCB type.
Belegedhel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: more on laser replacement Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions--

So I removed the new laser and inspected it closely. During my cursory inspection prior to installation nothing jumped out at me, but this time I compared every detail of the new and old parts, and they are practically identical--did not find any bridging link on the new piece. Decided to install the old part just to see if I got the same response from it (indicating that maybe I damaged something during the installation of the new part). Anyway, I reinstalled the old part, cleaned the optics and fired it up. Low and behold, it worked as well as ever, and the skipping problem has gone away. Thought about trying to reinstall the new laser just out of curiosity, but then decided not to keep jacking with it as it is working now. So my CD is no longer skipping (for now) with the old part. Perhaps I was able to clean the optics more thoroughly this time than I have been able to in the past and that is all that it needed. I guess the next question is, is the new laser defective?
Ron_Marin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: CDP-CX200 Skipping Problem Reply with quote

It looks like I'm not the only one with skipping problems. I recently purchased this used unit on eBay and of course when I got it and plugged it in the skipping problem appeared. It seems to play for about 10 sec. then resets back to zero, sometimes it plays longer before the reset. Often it will skip to a completely different song. I tried cleaning the optic head with a q-tip and a little alcohol, but that didn't have any effect. Any suggestions?
Belegedhel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Refrigerator comproessor won't start Reply with quote

Amana refrigerator won't start. Tries for 30 seconds, and then the relay trips. Replaced the start capacitor, but no difference. Any suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия