electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
rear projection TV issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: rear projection TV issue Reply with quote

I have aquired a really old (11 years) rear projection toshiba TP55C80 that has some issues with what i assume is either the vertical circuit or the convergence board.

I have repaired arcade monitors in the past, so I am fairly familiar with the workings of a single tube tv, but the addition of a convergence board confuses me as to what may be wrong.

The TV is displaying a picture which appears to suffer from a vertically squeezed image with pincushionng on the top and bottom. The pincushioning looks to be so severe that the top of the picture actually extends below the bottom of the picture, and vice versa.

The picture looks someone like this:

Code:

/ \                                    / \
/   \__________________________________/   \

The resulting image looks like a wave, or bowtie.

All of the colors do this (although they are slightly out of convergence with each other as well)

Anyone seen anything like this, and know what system i'd have the most luck looking into?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия