electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung SyncMaster 1100df CRT monitor: pwr LED OK but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollowman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Samsung SyncMaster 1100df CRT monitor: pwr LED OK but... Reply with quote

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 1100df CRT monitor that produces no picture but much of the circuits seem to be 'okay' (IME and knock wood, of course. I only have a DMM to work with -- no o'scope).

The main power button green LED, which either blinks (no source plugged in) or steady on (signal) stays steady despite no signal inputted. This is strange. But, if there is no signal, the screen should STILL display a message indicating see "No Connection, Check Signal Cable".
The HV does not seem to kick in with the usual cold-start bang (typical of CRTs). I haven't explored the HV section yet because it is more inconveniently embedded on the middle of PCB (hard to reach in w/o pulling out the PCB).

But ...

Of all the non-HV PSU sections ck'd, all seems okay. The logic and control voltages (+5, +12) seem to be fine. All the ICs I've ck'd thus far seem to be getting clean power. The IC that sends the 'data/signal present' signal seems to be okay.

Again, the really weird bit is the steady on pwr LED. There is no signal, so it should be blinking (even with signal inputted, I get no picture).

The problem happened catastrophically (w/o warning or impending disaster -- i.e., increasing glitch rate) . No other sign of evil smell, strange noises, etc. When one pwrs on, one can hear a very quiet whistle of switching PS devices turning on. I have a smaller CRT Samsung (working) which also emits these.
The service manual is here:
http://www.edaboard.com/thread69348.html

Thx for any offer of help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия