electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips MX3800D Turns self off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alanfryer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Philips MX3800D Turns self off Reply with quote

I have A Philips MX3800D dvd player, after about half hour or so of playing a DVD it turns itself off and then about 10-15mins later the power is returned. I'm guessing its something overheating on the power PCB but unsure.

Does anyone have any ideas?
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or bad caps, or bad laser assembly, or etc., etc.
alanfryer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i may have narrowed it down to the main PCB in the player as when it is turned on and off at the wall the standby light comes on and when pressed the light goes of as if turned on but then the screen is still blank, then after 5 mins the screen returns.
Eugene Murray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips MX3800D Turns self off Reply with quote

alanfryer wrote:
I have A Philips MX3800D dvd player, after about half hour or so of playing a DVD it turns itself off and then about 10-15mins later the power is returned. I'm guessing its something overheating on the power PCB but unsure.

Sad sure, i can help you. Dont be sad. U can fix this problem yourself. The problem lies with the main power IC in the power supply stage supplying voltage to the mother board. It needs changing with a good quaility one. It is a 6-leg standup IC. In my dvd player it is numberd TOP249y. since this get faulty it shuts down automatically. your right basically an overheating problem with this IC. While replacing this IC make sure that the back of ic is correctly up against the heatsink with proper heat sink compound. Be careful not to damage the printed circuit behind. Do the part chaning carefully.
gilles.perpignan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips MX3800D Turns self off Reply with quote

Thanks.. I have exactly the same problem and its obvious that this TOP249y is the cause! but please where did you find the replacement one, and which price?
Thanks [email protected]
------------------------------------
Eugene Murray wrote:
alanfryer wrote:

Sad sure, i can help you. Dont be sad. U can fix this problem yourself. The problem lies with the main power IC in the power supply stage supplying voltage to the mother board. It needs changing with a good quaility one. It is a 6-leg standup IC. In my dvd player it is numberd TOP249y. since this get faulty it shuts down automatically. your right basically an overheating problem with this IC. While replacing this IC make sure that the back of ic is correctly up against the heatsink with proper heat sink compound. Be careful not to damage the printed circuit behind. Do the part chaning carefully.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия