electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
plasma tv with crack in screen glass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparky08540

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: plasma tv with crack in screen glass Reply with quote

Greetings all!
I have a Samsung 51" Plasma TV with a crack in the front glass. Is there a cost effective way of repairing this? The set powers on, gives a brief flash of light and stays dark...sound, etc is fine. One curiosity of mine is how is the plasma contained in these screens...is the gas, truly a gas? If so, is it free to leak from any part of the screen or does each pixel (?) have its own self contained gas supply and only if that "cell" breaks will that portion of gas leak out?
Thanks again in advance for any helpful insight or opinions!
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tinyurl.com/3n9jkvz
sparky08540

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!
Thanks for the link. It seems that the question I really need to ask is whether each pixel is it's own compartment with respect to gas leakage. I have a set with a small star crack about 3" or so around...if each compartment is separate from the rest, should the rest of the picture be visible except by the crack? Currently it powers up, sounds ok and there is a brief flash of light on a portion of the screen near the crack and then the screen stays dark. The audio is fine though...is it possible to get most of the screen working if there is a small crack in a portion of it? Thanks again and sorry for being so long winded!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия