electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
NEC PX422VM3G
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinkwell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Nec PX42VM3G Reply with quote

Hi Dooney
A Happy and Prosperous New Year to you

Thanks for your swift reply
My engineer got onto B & H Distribution and quoted the number that you gave and they told him that it has now been changed to 9S899995 and quoted the price as £296.19 + 7.50 + vat and quess what they haven't it in stock. I told him not to proceed till I asked you if this could be right.
He's just started out after about 16 years working in the business and as normal finding it difficult getting manuals etc. He thinks there is a polish website that seems to be similar to this. any ideas?
Thanks for your help
Pinkwell
Dooney

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: PX-42VM3G Reply with quote

Hi Pinkwell,

The price is about right and given the chain it has to go through before it gets to B & H its not a bad price.

Regarding the part number i am not sure, this part number was correct as of last Jan and given that this model is discontinued i would not have thought it would have changed but of that i can not be sure.

All or any NEC parts come via NEC Europe, and are disributed accordingly i am not aware of NEC parts being sold via Poland but that does not mean they are not. I will ask a contact at NEC and see what i can find out.

Best regards
Mike.
[email protected]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: PX-42VM3G Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

You seems to be very helpful! I am glad to meet you here.

Could you please send me an email at [email protected]? I have question regarding plasma TV.

thanks,

steve
New York city

Dooney wrote:
Hi Pinkwell,

Happy new year !

The part number for this board is 9S899447, let me know how you get on with B & H Distribution. I maybe able to pull some strings if you have any difficulties but i can't promise anything as i haven't worked for NEC since Jan 05.

Best regards
Mike.

i'll have a look for my disc of manuals, was not able to find it last time i looked......
Dooney0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: PX-42VM3G Reply with quote

Hi Pinkwell,

I have just recieved an email back from the AGM of NEC Europe, he has confirmed that there is no stock currently of the scan PCB but will advise me when this status changes. I have no firm facts but would guess since Pioneer bought out all NEC design & manufacturing rights in October 04 they are probably either not producing or have extremely limited stock of this part.

Best regards
Mike.
Pinkwell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Nec PX42VM3G Reply with quote

Hi Mike

Thanks for the information. My e-mail is [email protected]. would appreciate contact. How hard is it to get a Nec service account? and also the best way of going about it. My mate has been waiting ages. Are they the only ones that supply replacements? I'd be a bit choked if I can't get spares for my plasma its just about 3 years old. would Pioneer help with my requests?
Thanks for your time

regards
pinkwell
Dooney0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: PX-42VM3G Reply with quote

Hi Pinkwell,

I think that B & H is the only supply route for NEC parts within the UK, due to the fact that Pioneer only own R & D rights to the plasma display the prevision of spare parts is NEC's responsibility and Pioneer would not be able to help. In fact they probably would have no idea what a PX-42VM3G is due to the fact that Pioneer in the UK only deal with their own branded product. The prevision of spare parts for plasma & LCD is generally poor from company to company and is not limited to NEC this is due to the cost of the parts. I think it is likely that the parts will become available but the wheels do tend to grind slowly, did B & H ask you to set up a service account ??

Best regards
Mike.
Pinkwell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Nec PX42VM3G Reply with quote

Hi dooney
sorry for the delay.
As regards the service account, my engineer asked to setup a service account with B & H about 3/4 months ago and followed up by writing to them with the request for a service account but to date has had no reply
He didn't want to check my plasma without a service manual. He showed me the board in front of the PWb board and it had, I think it was 3 fuses and none of them had blown.I don't know if that means anything I appreciate the fact that although he had all test equipment he didn't want to proceed without the manual. He's put the back onto the Plasma and returned it. When he or I can get a manual and if I haven't had it repaired by then I will get him to check it out. he said he heard of a site in America that supposed to have manuals.

regards
pinkwell
Dooney0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: PX-42VM3G Reply with quote

Hi Pinkwell,

No problem, Im not sure regarding sourcing of the service manual. All i can tell you is that the service manual does not contain any material refering to the PDP module (Panel) only dirrect modular level replacement.

I was not aware that you needed an account with B & H to order parts but i guess this makes sense.

I can tell you that normally the fuses are ok, but the PCB underneath the heat syncs are normally the course of failure, also it might be worth checking the fusable resistors.

Best regards
Mike.
Pinkwell

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Nec PX42VM3G Reply with quote

hi Dooney
I sent Nec an e-mail asking them if they had any recommended repairers in the UK and if so could they please provide me with them
they replied that they do not have any authorised service centres in the UK and that all repairs are carried out by themselves. so now we know
I have contacted the number that they have given me. The charges frightened me, I suppose that they are for companies who just reclaim it and not ordinary lay people. Eventually we settled for us to take the Plasma by car to them. Pay the evaluation fee and then decide if we want the repair done (or scrap something that cost over £ 4000 and had just over 2 years use) after they have quoted a price.
Dooney0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: PX-42VM3G Reply with quote

Hi Pinkwell,

Yes, NEC do all there own in house repairs and do not have a service network throughout the uk. Pretty much the same world wide with 3rd party service agents in selected countries.

So you have a nice drive to Telford to look forward to...

If they can obtain the parts you should be ok, the prices for plasma are rediculas all around. Still they are much better than LCD.

Best regards
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия