electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung SCD23 mini DV camcorder problem - bad ccd?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theblueline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Samsung SCD23 mini DV camcorder problem - bad ccd? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Samsung SCD23 mini DV camcorder. It was manufactured in August 2003. I have found in other forums people having the same problem as me.

The problem I am having is that while recording the LCD will go black and will only show white and gray blobs when the camera is pointed at light, like the ccd is bad. The playback of the recorded video shows exactly what the LCD screen is showing, whispy gray and white blobs of light. If I take the battery off and turn it back on it goes back to normal.

The other problem is that when the LCD is working correctly the video recorded sometimes look "blocky" almost like watching video over the internet with a dialup connection.

This camera only has about 5 hours of use. Samsung won't warranty it. I have been reading about the faulty ccd s that are out there and all the camera manufacturers that are replacing them for free. Samsung is not listed as one of those. How do you find out who made the ccd for this camera?

At first I was confident the ccd was bad and that is something I can replace myself. But now I wonder, if the LCD is showing good video but the camera is recording "blocky" video wouldn't the ccd be working correctly? Any ideas? Thoughts? Thanks to whoever uploaded the service manual and schematics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия