electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Backlight inverter transformer questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nxslt1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Backlight inverter transformer questions Reply with quote

I've got a Sceptre X30sv-Naga III tv that only has sound, no video. From searching on the internet it seems the Darfon backlight inverter board is basically crap. I checked the transformers and one checked open on one secondary and another checked almost 3 times the ohms it should on one secondary.

So I get online looking for a replacement transformer but can't find one. The number on the transformer is 4015A504004 (GP). Resistance on these transformers is .8 ohms on the primary and 1.040k ohms on the secondary.

So I email lcdpart.net and they say yes we have one and they have it listed as part number 4015A815006. The actual number on the transformer is MS218T. I order two and when I got them I checked the resistance and it reads 1.6 ohms on the primary and 1.280k ohms on the secondary. I went back to their site and it says it should be .8 ohms primary and 1.1k ohms secondary. BUT then I click on the pic of the transformer which takes me to another page which states the secondary should be 950 ohms and primary 1.4 ohms, I know that can't be right so I have no clue what they have sent me. Here's a link to the part http://lcdparts.net/TransformerDetail3D.aspx?ProductID=2772 then click on the top pic and see where it says something different. lol

Anyway, here are my questions....

1. Will this transformer work even with the resistance being double on the primary?
2. Where can I find a transformer for this? I've searched high and low for the part number and can find nothing.
gary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know if the one you have got will work but check this out http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/spares-televsion-audio-video/backlight-transformers-for-inverters/darfon.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия