electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Marantz SR7200 - How to Remove the Printed Circuit Boards
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbranco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Marantz SR7200 - How to Remove the Printed Circuit Boards Reply with quote

Dear Sirs,

I am an electronic engineer and live in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.

Recently my Marantz AV Receiver 7200 had a failure in its front right channel (no sound).

Using the service manual and an osciloscope I could find that the Integrated Circuit IC513 (NJU7313AL), located in the Volume Board 7020-06076-001-1 was the responsible.

So, I have to remove this board from the main board and did no find instructions for this in the service manual. My doubt is regarding the white sockets that are in the main board: How they work (how can I take the board out of these sockets without damaging the board).

We have no service in Rio de Janeiro for this equipment and I would like to do it by myself.

I would appreciate if somebody can you help me with instructions or drawings that could show me how to remove the boards from this unit?

Thank you

Cesar Castello
[email protected]
55-21-9293-5482
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NJU73xx series analog CMOS switch IC is a rather common failure on many brands that use it .

Not familiar with the particular unit but as far as I know, majority of connectors are either pressed-in or snap-in type/style & should not be that hard to disconnect.

Can you post a picture as to exactly what you have?
cbranco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply.

Here you can get the boards photos:

[url]http://discovirtual.terra.com.br/vd.cgi?+_wi=1170033731-19536-1019380&_we=13%0A

Password (senha) is 0C53D440 [/url]
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. they are strictly male/female snapped together. First make sure to remove any screws that are holding the board to the back panel thru any connector & by grabing the edge of the board and gently pulling up while holding the bottom board, it will disengage from its base. Trick is to make sure all the in/out connectors are free from the back panel so it can be pulled straight up without interference .....make sure the pins are not bent when going back to reinstall it. Depending on the board & it's position,, may almost have to remove the back panel

At first it may feel somewhat awkward, but it will disengage. You may use a contact lubricant spray such as "cramoline" to make removing a lot easier.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your thorough and quick answer. The board was so tight in its socket that I was afraid to pull it and break something. I will try it with more confidence after your instructions.

Best Regards

Cesar Castello
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
cbranco

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vtech,

Now that you thought me how to remove the board I run into another problem:
The defective IC - NJU7313AL cannot be found in Brazil and I've tried to buy it from many international reputed component vendors web sites with no sucess due to the quantity desired, just 2 units. They only sell over 500!
Do you know where I can buy them in few quantity?
Many thanks again.
Cesar Castello
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..Apparently the part in question has been discontinued from the manufacturer which I was not aware of, however it should still be available from distributor until they run out. Remember Al and Am suffixes are different packaging

Same IC was also used by Denon (which by the way own's Marantz now).
If am not mistaking, part number for Denon was 2621853100
May want to check with Denon in Brazil & ask for info? http://denon.jp/asia/salescompdist.html

Kenwood is another manufacturer that used the same IC on some of their models. (used the same generic number)
What I'm not sure, if any of the following USA suppliers will ship oversears or not & may get to be rather expensive. May want to try locals again, but any of the following list the part; (All in US)

www.tritronics.com
www.mcminone.com
www.kenwoodparts.com
www.pacparts.com

Good luck
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typo for the first one ... more like

http://www.tritronicsinc.com/
cbranco

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Marantz - Integrated Circuit NJU7313AL Reply with quote

OK,

I will try all your suggestions and let you know later.

Many thanks again.

Cesar
teccfc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: sem audo Reply with quote

Good morning, Messrs..
I had the same problem that was solved by changing the ci513 njm7113 card volume and 2 resistrores r503 and r504 of 4R7. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия