electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Thomson 4460D EGA computer monitor missing color red

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan3Sobieski

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Thomson 4460D EGA computer monitor missing color red Reply with quote

The monitor is missing the red color. I tried hitting it, tapping, didn't work. The monitor has a switch that goes from multicolor/green only/red only/blue only.

- Multicolor option shows all colors but red
- Green only shows green
- Blue only shows blue
- Red only shows green

Color white is displayed correctly. Just red/light red/brown/light brown are not shown correctly

I took it apart to look for bad solder joints but couldn't find any. I don't see any bulging capacitors.

There are three boards inside the monitor. One that lays flat on the bottom (looks like power related) one on the side where the signal cable goes to and a third board that's hooked up to the back of the "bulb"

EDIT: Please see photos here http://imgur.com/a/B2ihV

On the first photo, there are three knobs on top. Left one controls brightness, middle one controls intensity and the right one switches from the various modes i mentioned earlier.
Jan3Sobieski

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one can help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия