electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
relay issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCR700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: relay issue Reply with quote

I am a computer tech trying to help a friend/customer with an electrical problem with her hot tub. She seems to think the low speed relay is getting stuck in the closed position and keeping the motor running non stop. Can you help me identify the problem in this picture???

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1003/img20120424112214.jpg
I_Daniel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Relay Issue Reply with quote

The Image does not show much except some IC's. However if the relay is activated by a transistor then the transistor possibly has a short between the emitter and collector and it needs to be replaced.

Check for burn on the relay contacts and if there is a diode across the relay check if it is okay. If there is a capacitor across the contacts and the contacts are fused together then the capacitor is probably also bye bye.

Sorry there is insufficient information to give you a better reply. the relay could also be activated by one of the IC's which may be shorted. The first step of course will be to check the voltage on the relay. If it remains constant then it could be the two items that I mentioned that are blown. Also check if there is a spring that opens the contacts once power has been removed. Very occasionally they also break or become weak and with residual magnetism in the coil they are not strong enough to open the contact. (a Problem in the old magnetic relay telephone exchanges brings this to mind)

Some pop open and others short circuit when to blow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия