electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
HP Pavilion dv6000 battery pinout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leigh_of_Tregevis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: HP Pavilion dv6000 battery pinout Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to convince this notebook that it has a healthy battery pack attached. The pinout from the pcb in the battery pack is P+ SMD SMC ID BI P-. I imagine the P+ & P- are the power inputs to the computer, but what voltages need to ba applied to the other pins?

Leigh
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for the batt conn in the schematic
http://lqv77.com/download/78/
leigh_of_Tregevis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks v.. that's impressive. Now it seems I need the schematic of the circuitry inside the battery pack.. to fake a talk to the MB. Although it looks more and more like I'm not going to be successful. A shame to throw away a great computer because of the cost of replacing the motherboard.
vtech

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh,
You seem to be rather knowledgeable (saw your site). Could you possibly do a bit more testing? I am not familiar with the specific battery but in general with lithium packs, Along with plus&minus, you'd need a couple of data/clock line for communication and some sort of a sense circuitry for the charger to know if/when to chg/stop. Possible you may have a connection issue?
leigh_of_Tregevis

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I thought I posted a reply yesterday, but it hasn't appeared. My fault, probably. I said something like this..

V, the schematic you sent me was very good. It showed me the battery in connection, and yes, there are the data inputs as well as the power inputs.

My problem is that the HP has lost it's ability to run from the main power input, and it can't charge the battery. Probably due to a MB fault. I have checked for obvious faults at the DC power input connection and componentry. It did boot and run on battery, but now that is flat, no go.

It tries to boot on main power, but there must be a temp related issue, as it almost boots to the desktop, then just clicks off, dead. Further attempts to start it just cause it to switch off earlier into the boot sequence.

I was trying to apply power directly to the battery input to the computer, but now I have the schematic, I see that it will be difficult to convince the MB to operate that way. Now I think I need to convince the electronics inside the battery pack that it has a healthy set of batteries attached. A resistor ladder across the power supply, connecting to the VH & VL inputs to said electronics might do it. Hmmm.

Thanks for your thoughts.
xxxx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: need schematic again Reply with quote

Can you provide once more the schematic for the pinout from the pcb in the battery pack is P+ SMD SMC ID BI P-?
I have the same problem but I don't know how to charge the battery?
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: need schematic again Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
Can you provide once more the schematic for the pinout from the pcb in the battery pack is P+ SMD SMC ID BI P-?

Above link is dead. You can get the manual at elektrotanya.com. There are several there. (Limited to 2 free d/load per day)
It does not show inside the power pack but it has the power pcb. Unless you know what you are doing, do not just attempt powering the board or you may damage your unit. OR try contacting above poster see if he had any luck? Here is one;
http://tinyurl.com/kagqcfy
wait till it says "Get manual" (on the page about mid way down)
voivoda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: need schematic again Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:

try this article...this for HP standart battery scpecifications
http://techno-fix.com/service_manual/Smart_Battery_Data_Specification.rar
Smart Battery Specification presents an ideal solution for many of the issues related to batteries used in
portable electronic equipment such as laptop computer systems, cellular telephones or video cameras.
Batteries presently have a number of limitations from both the user's and the equipment's perspective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия