electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba television

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Toshiba television Reply with quote

I have a toshiba tv model cx27d60, chassis 9444 manufactured in 1995. The set works good but about half the time it will not come on. Sometime it will come on the second time you push the on switch and sometime not. I have looked for a circuit breaker but can not find one. I am able to solder and remove and replace but haven't been in electronics for many years. Any help would be appreciated. Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would start by looking for capacitors that are drying up. (high ESR) All of the filter capacitors and the little ones in the powersupply.
Then I would check the resistors in the powersupply.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]I would start by looking for capacitors that are drying up. (high ESR) All of the filter capacitors and the little ones in the powersupply.
Then I would check the resistors in the powersupply.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I stated the problem badly. The set comes on for a split second and then kicks off. I will look at the capacitors and resistors. Thanks again. shu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the output from the powersupply like? Is the B+ steady or is it hunting? Is it set at the correct level for your set? (maybe 90 to 130V)
Maybe something is loading down the powersupply? Or the high voltage is getting too high?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could help ; I have the same problem with same TV set but no schematics. As soon as I get them (if you have them in pdf or other digital format send them to me : [email protected] ) I could give you step by step help. Be in touch !
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHUTDOWN AT POWER UP, REPLACE D870 36 VOLT ZENER.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия