electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Help with GE TV repair!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maverick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Help with GE TV repair! Reply with quote

I have a GE tv, model 27GT615FE2, that blew the horizontal output transistor. I troubleshooted the horizontal section and replaced a few suspected components and then popped in a new chip. However, as soon as I plugged in the tv this transistor shorted out as well! This happened to me with two new chips!

Any suggestions where I may to look for the source of this problem?

I am an electronics technician with little experience in the tv repair field. Thanks.
xpax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sir,

make sure u check the zener diode it might be shorted.double check the componets in h.o.section.lastly check the fly back x'former.it is also possible cause if ur fly back is defective.
maverick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the hints and i will check those areas. I think it maybe the flyback.
maverick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have another GE TV here model 25GT516TX1. I've attempted repairing this several times with no success. The problem is that it simply won't power on, despite getting power!

I've troubleshooted it and it gets power even across the relay switch but it just won't turn on and I can't seem to single out the problem. I've tried bypassing the relay and got it to power on about twice intermittently. But other than that, nothing! Any ideas? Thank you.
maverick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maverick wrote:
I have another GE TV here model 25GT516TX1. I've attempted repairing this several times with no success. The problem is that it simply won't power on, despite getting power!

I've troubleshooted it and it gets power even across the relay switch but it just won't turn on and I can't seem to single out the problem. I've tried bypassing the relay and got it to power on about twice intermittently. But other than that, nothing! Any ideas? Thank you.

This problem solved! There was a loose solder joint on one of the pins of the horizontal drive transformer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия