electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Daewoo televideo playback problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjusting the tracking makes no difference.

The video heads are not dirty as I got the televideo only a few months ago brand new and have not watched any videos on it apart from X-Men 2 which was a brand new video.

The tapes are old, but none of them look creased or dirty. I fast-forwarded one of them to see if it was partially erased at the beginning but there was nothing further on either. I am going to try to find another video player to try them on.

But why does the sound on them work perfectly but the image not at all?

Thanks for your help! Smile
sparky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Daewoo televideo playback problem Reply with quote

tapes contain video, audio and control signal information on different parts of the tape and picked up by different heads.
Leia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: New problem! Well, sort of... Reply with quote

I randomly discovered my X-Men 2 video in my laptop case and decided to give it a try, only to find that it does exactly the same as the Disney videos, yet it worked perfectly before!

I have come to the conclusion that the video player is broken altogether, yet I find this strange as there's no reason for it to be.

Anyone have any ideas? Anything, please! Thought about taking it back to the shop but its really far away and I'm not sure I have the receipt still.
gary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT SOUNDS LIKE THE HEADS ARE DIRTY, THE HEAD GAP ON VCR IS VERY VERY SMALL (IN THE MICRON RANGE) AS A RESULT T DOES NOT TAKE MUCH TO CLOG THE HEADS WITH DIRT, A BRAND NEW MACHINE OUT OF A BOX CAN END UP WITH DIRTY HEADS JUST BY PLAYING A POOR OR OLD VIDEO,THE BEST WAY OF CLEANING HEADS IS WITH A CHAMOIS STICK AND ALCHOHOL BUT TRY A HEAD CLEANING CASSETTE IT JUST MAY WORK.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Leia,
Really, watching childrens video's is the cause of all of your problems. Why don't you buy yourself some grownup video's? Maybe Wallice and Gromit, (I have them all) or the organic pest control man?
Childrens cartoons by the BIG companies usually have copy protection on them (they can afford it) The drawback of this is that they will not play properly on alot of systems. I am sure your movies have this.
Do you keep a big magnet in your laptop case? Or have you walked past one??
Do not store any magnetic media (Video, Tape, Floppies) near a television screen or monitor. (It will get degaussed)
Does your problem include video's you have taped from your unit, or just prerecorded video's? Maybe you could put one of these in your laptop case and see if it works after a week?

1. Try a head cleaning tape only if it won't void your warranty. (It does in some machines)

2. Try your video's in another machine. (if they work fine, go to 3)

3. Contact Daewoo for a warranty repair of your unit (try your phonebook and remember to give them one of your video's)

4. Purchase Wallice and Gromit DVD's (are they on DVD yet???) Or enroll for more subjects! (does uni give you time to watch video's these days?)
Leia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your suggestions. Not watching the videos is just not an option I'm afraid, as apart from me wanting to see them, other adults here at uni want to see them too, showing that they are popular with children and adults alike.

In response to your ideas:

No I do not keep a big magnet in my laptop case. Why would I do that?!
I also haven't walked past a big magnet with my laptop case, as I very rarely take my laptop anywhere.
I do not store my videos near a monitor etc.
I have not taped anything on my televideo because the tv signal here is too weak to watch.

But all is well. It turns out Gary was right - the heads needed cleaning. I was worried this might be the problem as I have no head cleaning tape and am a poor student. So I Googled the problem and read somewhere that two thirds of the time just playing any tape for a few hours will clean it, so I gave it a go and the picture was showing fine in under an hour. All my Disney videos are now working fine, and so are not the wrong format or copy protected or anything like that.

So thanks to anyone who tried to help. This forum has been very useful.

I am happy to say I shall not have to resort to buying Wallace and Gromit videos (yes, wallAce, not WallIce) or enrolling for more subjects, which would just be ridiculous.

Very Happy
sparky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Daewoo televideo playback problem Reply with quote

Just one thing to remember that when you used any tape to operate with the result of normal operation is the original dirt has gone some where and is likely now transferred to this tape and may recontaminate if used again.
Good luck with your studies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия