electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic RX-C45 AM/FM/Casette Boom Box Repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Panasonic RX-C45 AM/FM/Casette Boom Box Repair Reply with quote

I managed to get a service manual from an on-line vendor for less than $10. There were problems with printing pages due to built-in watermark, but I managed to use the schematic and printed circuit lay-out diagram enough to make repairs. The left channel was dead on all functions, however the output was OK from the volume control through to speakers. There was a mouse nest inside when I opened it up. It turned out that the pee from the mouse ate away a circuit trace between C115 and R129 (a carbon film deposited resistor on the top circuit trace). One end of R129 was connected to C146 a .001 mfd tubular ceramic capacitor. I found a through-hole near this junction that allowed me to add a jumper wire to replace the copper trace that had eroded away. A general clean-up of controls and circuit board left most all of the unit in good shape again and fully functional. The upper circuit traces are made from a copper paste/film deposited on the board. They are very difficult to repair and usually best to find a throug-hole near a component and jumper with a wire as I did. Solder will not adhere to this copper paste/film at all.

I plugged a hole in the battery compartment where the mouse had gained entry using a piece of white plastic from a discarded computer glued it in place with some Liquid Nails. Mice will no longer be able to get inside.
Pentode

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repaired a Sonab vertical type speaker once, they look like wooden stools with a grille at the top.... all distorted!

A mouse was trapped between the speaker cone and the speaker chassis... they guy was absolutely delighted when I removed the dead mouse, apparently his cat went ballistics one night and he thought he saw it chase a mouse but wasn't sure!

We know now.... what we don't know if the mouse was deafened first!

I remember GEC equipment around the 1960/70's they used the same technique in their music centers etc. using carbonized resistor tracks and silver traces... they just disappeared should you try to solder them.

On one occasion I used a couple of 8BA brass screws and washers, drilled slightly off-center, relying on the washers to make contact - only thing I could do at the time.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия