electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Monitor schematic Nokia 446Pro / 446F

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Monitor schematic Nokia 446Pro / 446F Reply with quote

howly d wrote:
you're not having problems with brightness, are you?

Hi, I have problems with brightness on Monitor Nokia 446Pro / 446F. Sad

Can I repair it ?
bb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. The Monitor has gradually become too bright. Black is grey even with brightness set to zero. Anybody know hos to fix this?
sk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, you cannot fix it properly thru the service menus. Luckily I've found a way to fix the brightness problem in my 446Pro from a finnish electronics forum. There are three black screws to adjust inside the monitor on the bottom left corner. Only two bottom screws should be used. The bottom screw is for adjusting the brightness and the middle one is for the focus. The screws have text Screen and Focus written beside them, respectively. The screws are near some transformer unit and they can be reached without opening the covers thru the holes in the covers. You only need a flat screwdriver long enough.

But at least in my case the screws were so covered with the dust and I could not spot them without opening the covers first. I recommend you should open the covers first time as well and give a proper cleaning inside with the vacuum cleaner. It is also much easier to find the screws then.

If you decide dive inside, first remove the plastic cover. Open two screws in the front lower corners. Then push with the flat screwdriver thru two holes located in front top corners to release the locking levers. Next you should remove the back aluminum casing to get inside. It has many Torx screws to open first, but after that it is easier to find the right screws to make the adjustment. When adjusting keep the monitor on and connected to your PC, but beware of the electric shock! Do not try to do any of this, if don't know where you can touch inside the monitor and where you can't!

I also used Nokia Monitor Test to get the best results. Black is now black and the brightness can be controlled again. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old subject I know but I’m still using my 446Pro for gaming. It’s 14.5 year old monitor but now it starts to black out for maybe 10 minutes then the picture reappears. I thought that it was overheating because of dust build up over the years. I didn’t mange to open it until I found this thread but the instruction wasn’t right for my 446Pro. Instruction for my 446pro:

Remove two screws in the front lower corners. Then push with the flat screwdriver thru two holes located on the LEFT and RIGHT side to release the locking levers. You will need a thin screwdriver that has a fairly long head to push the levers down enough. You will also have to use some big flat screwdrivers in the other holes in order to get enough leverage to force the cover off. I recommend doing this with the monitor lying down with the screen facing the table.

Cleaning didn’t help in my case so I guess that I finally will have to by a LCD…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ