electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Onkyo TX-NR609 no sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soldering_man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, all of this sounds exactly like the symptoms I am experiencing with my TXNR609, such a grat amp until yesterday, today no sound, and out of warranty (just). Damn. Crying or Very sad
BrisVegas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 609 has the same issue, no sound, 'Now Initializ' on Net and USB sources, has been working for years, last Onkyo product for me!
Scrufy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Resolution for the no net no sound 609 Reply with quote

Press VCR/dvr and power/standby at same time.
You'll see it say clear for a second and then power off to standby.
Thats it. Fixed.
You'll need to redo any custom settings like hdmi addis meets or eq.
Mine took a couple minutes to start net the first time but fine after that.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Resolution for the no net no sound 609 Reply with quote

Scrufy wrote:
Press VCR/dvr and power/standby at same time.
You'll see it say clear for a second and then power off to standby.
Thats it. Fixed.
You'll need to redo any custom settings like hdmi addis meets or eq.
Mine took a couple minutes to start net the first time but fine after that.

Should have read redo HDMI assignments or EQ... Dum auto correct haha
Zoda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Onkyo TX NR 609 - Letter of good will repair Reply with quote

Last month I received e-mail from Onkyo. This was a letter of good will repair. My Onkyo is repaired for about 20 minutes in PLAYER service in Belgrade. Thak's again Onkyo!
the hutz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: no sound Reply with quote

This happens to me every time I lose power to my stero. I have found that if you shut all incoming compents to the stero off. Then power on the stero till you here it clck about thirty seconds it is ready to go. I would suggest switching from hdmi throught stereo to optical cord throught tv would make it easier took me about five times to figure out how to do it. Dont rush turning tv on just wait. If your onkyo is like mine you know that when you change speaker setup it will make a click. If youdon't here that click it is not ready.
I have ownex my onkyo for like four years but hardle ever shut it off
nhippe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Done with Onkyo Reply with quote

[quote="BrisVegas"]my 609 has the same issue, no sound, 'Now Initializ' on Net and USB sources, has been working for years, last Onkyo product for me![/quote]

I posted a request on the Onkyo support forum but have not heard back. It appears from this and other forums that this is a wide spread and well known issue and yet no public apology or resolution. I have very little patience for this kind of problem and am saying goodbye to Onkyo.
MG2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: TX-NR609 no sound Reply with quote

add me to the list of no more sound - I'm almost wondering if it's similar to my Marshall guitar amp - it used to die as a result of a failed capacitor because it was originally designed for 220 even though I bought it in North America- I took it to a repair shop that actually knew something about electronics and they replaced the capacitor with something designed for 110V - I haven't had the problem since.

I've tired unplugging and the reset - no luck - and I've tried flashing again but it just sits at USB initiali......
MarktheMusicMan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Network and Sound Do Not Work Reply with quote

Onkyo is offering a free fix for this problem, caused by a bad network chip. See their website.
Rainman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: link Reply with quote

Do you have a specific link ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия